Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A ... full format
Some of the improvements are more obvious in a direct comparison. Nikonrumors put one on their side. Nikon D800 vs D810 comparison sheet

I was already on the edge of trading in my D800 for an E version after I saw what this Sigma 50/1.4 can do in front of it (compared to mine, it was a visible increase of contrast). There are other small or tiny changes I welcome very much. But reduced shutter vibration and more silent action alone are a big plus. and of course, no low pass filter should bring another tiny tick more clarity.

I wonder when I get bored of all the sharpness...  :wacko: but at the moment, I'm sort of greedy to the adventures I can see in the pictures after I took them. So much little things are running over a plant...

Or in street scenes, so many details. Most of the time I don't see the whole scene and am just focused on a little part of it. I enjoy the surprises afterwards, I admit.

[Image: i-VH5LvG7-M.jpg]

Maybe I soon see the hand. Of the seconds of that wrist watch. At 5000 ISO and f/2.5.

[Image: i-Kfztdc7-M.jpg]

I know, this doesn't make a picture more artful. But there are already so many great artists, dedicated and passionate. I like to watch their pictures and don't want to be "artful"