Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Panasonic Lumix G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH Mega O.I.S.
Cool little lens but just an average performer (in the true sense).

http://www.opticallimits.com/m43/873_pana1232f3556

Given the price I wouldn't expect too much from it... Looking sample pictures It is hard to find obvious issues.

Thanks for the review Klaus.

Your sample seems similar to mine in terms of sharpness. It also matches more or less photos I've seen online from other people.

Do you have an explanation as to how/why Panasonic mft figures for this lens are so high?

It's actually quite deceiving.

--Florent

Flickr gallery
As mentioned in the review, the distortion correction has taken a toll in terms of border IQ.

However, this doesn't explain it all.However, the Pana MTFs for the 12-35mm f/2.8 also suggested a much better performance than what we saw here in the lab as well as out there.

The problem with these manufacturer MTFs is that you just don't know the parameters.  So maybe these were obtained in fairy tale land where the witch had too much sake and the engineers stole the magic wand.   Rolleyes

Quote:As mentioned in the review, the distortion correction has taken a toll in terms of border IQ.

However, this doesn't explain it all.However, the Pana MTFs for the 12-35mm f/2.8 also suggested a much better performance than what we saw here in the lab as well as out there.

The problem with these manufacturer MTFs is that you just don't know the parameters.  So maybe these were obtained in fairy tale land where the witch had too much sake and the engineers stole the magic wand.   Rolleyes
   Oh right I know the one, the magic wand that stirred the gin and tonics!