Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Carl-Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* 24-70mm f/4 OSS ZA
Quote:Hi Florent

Yes that's a reasonable thing to do (no-one NEEDS 36 MP, and what I most like about FF is the easier potential for bokeh and separation). Still it's fun...

But of course, assuming the OSS is as good an Pasasonics IS or Oly's IBIS, you aren't going to get *worse* results from the extra pixels: you'll just see it better when you go 1:1 (presumably when I couldn't see differences at 50% this was a similar magnification to 1:1 with m43). And sometimes you will get better results.

But whether it's worth storing the often useless extra data, and waiting longer for pics to load in Lightroom, is of course a personal judgement.

Hi dbm,

I'm not sure how much blur is introduced by the shutter shake issue on the A7R, but otherwise I agree with you. You will never get worse results from a higher pixel count sensor. I just think it's a shame to store files containing more or less the same amout of information as smaller files. Keep in mind this is purely philosophical.
--Florent

Flickr gallery

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Carl-Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* 24-70mm f/4 OSS ZA - by thxbb12 - 04-03-2014, 06:33 AM