Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 24-105mm f/4 HSM DG OS | A
Although I'll buy it for Nikon and it won't be available before end of February, I have a couple of thoughts to share on this result.

1. Thank you for testing it

2. Thank you, Markus, for testing the Nikon competitors 24-120 and 24-85. None in the exact same range. Which goes as well for 24-70/2.8

3. And none of the Nikon choices are better than that although I realize the results might be different on Nikon because one cannot compare lenses without the camera behind.

4. The double tube was not even mentioned on 24-85 or 24-120. Different testers, different priorities? That's okay.

5. The weather sealing is nothing I will think too much of it. It's nowhere defined by Nikon, against which kind of weather those lenses should be resisting - and how long. We have weather all day, when we go outside. As long as I don't know the specs, I don't feel confident with those marketing keywords. Just keep in mind, that if there no specs or no measuring routines for "weather sealing", each brand can use this word, but no customer will get a free repair when he calls in and tells service, a blizzard or hailstorm is weather, too.

6. The others have double tubes, too. So zooming in rain or snow will eventually bring water into the lens. Good to keep that in mind.

7. Why should any zoom in this class deliver "stellar performance"? There are primes for those kind of demands.

I'm looking forward how this lens will perform on D800 with high resolving sensor. I've seen the Canon version and was impressed. Zoom and focus rings work really smooth.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Sigma 24-105mm f/4 HSM DG OS | A - by JJ_SO - 02-02-2014, 09:26 AM