Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got the Sigma 24-105mm f/4 OS
Will post some impressions soon.
Pleeeaaase Smile do so. I was told the Nikon version will be produced in March 2014...
What is your feeling about the weight and size?

Quote:What is your feeling about the weight and size?

You are asking a mirrorless fan here ...

I just carried it through town. Quite an exercise. Great BQ though. I'd rate it a tad higher than the 24-105L here.
SUBJECTIVELY, it is a little soft in the corners with some CAs. Noticeable distortions at 24mm.

Quote:You are asking a mirrorless fan here ...

I just carried it through town. Quite an exercise. Great BQ though. I'd rate it a tad higher than the 24-105L here.
On the bright side it saves some money for the gym. And putting it on the front of a vibrating A7R, the shutter's energy will have to move more mass and therefore produces less big shakes.

To me, the 35/1.4 and 18-35/1.8 are stabilizing my hand because they are heavy without carrying a tripod all the time. I like this kind of weight.

As for it's other qualities and characteristics, I rather wait until the test results become facts. Then I'll decide if I try to get rid of the Nikkor 24-85 which has also very pronounced distortions. My guess is, the Sigma will beat it.

Don't expect wonders regarding distortions. 

No, but regarding resolution, I do expect better values. Speed because of constant aperture and a bit more range are another two, and the lenshood of the Nikon is simply a cheap shame. I know, I shouldn't talk too bad of it but the price is already very low. But keeping it in a drawer and never use it? I simply want a better walkaround zoom and I guess, PZ's verdict http://www.opticallimits.com/nikon_ff/76...ff?start=2

isn't too hard to compete with Smile