Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reasons why despite having excellent products Nikon is losing market share
Quote:I'll keep that in mind, but currently I have too much Nikon/Sigma glass to sell. I haven't look into it, but not all Art lenses are convertible to Sony E-mount. Also, I'm not exactly fan of Sony's menus.
Oh i meant borrow one to play around if you can. The menus are also improved as they are categorised a bit more directly and more importantly they have a "my menu" option now where you can add your own shortcut items. Overall its an improvement.

The camera performance is very impressive though. Some items they could still improve are: make the body more rugged, provide a 14bit electronic shutter option (14 bit only available with mechanical shutter) although this only makes a difference for ISO below about 100-200, improve the 4k rolling shutter, add USB 3. Thats about all i can think of. I think the next generation will be seriously difficult for canon or nikon to rival. I hope they will finally enter the high-end mirrorless market though as it would be good to have some more competition.

By the way I expect the upcoming A7r iii / A9r model to be essentially a A99ii in emount form - 42MP, 12FPS etc, reduced lag EVF. It will be a serious alternative to the d850. Alternatively if they go for a high resolution stacked sensor, then using simple scaling of the A9 processor they could do 48MP at 10FPS with black-out free shutter and close to A9 level AF.

Messages In This Thread
Reasons why despite having excellent products Nikon is losing market share - by Ayoh - 09-19-2017, 01:06 PM