Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon goes full format mirrorless as well ?
Looks and specs: cool

Handling and price: fail
Editor
opticallimits.com

Quote:Nah, then i'll just use those lenses on my Canon EOS 6D. Comparable sensor, albeit with a tad higher resolution, switchable focus screen, better ergonomics and better live view. Or use them on my Nikkormat FTn, of course.

I guess a retro-styled version of the 6D (with less stupid controls, i.e. more Fuji, less Nikon) and the same 6D/5Dii viewfinder with switchable focus screens would easily kill the Df. 

I think Canon is, in many ways, in a very favorable strategic situation. The all-electronic nature of the EF mount and its relatively short flange distance are really an advantage - they could easily add Fuji-style faux aperture rings to their lenses, etc. And with the sensor-tech from the 70D, the EF-M mount also has some serious potential. 

However, I think Canon is still doing too well with its traditional business model. They are not hard-pressed to capture a higher share of the mirrorless market, nor to ride the retro-wave. It's a pity...  Big Grin
Quote:I guess a retro-styled version of the 6D (with less stupid controls, i.e. more Fuji, less Nikon) and the same 6D/5Dii viewfinder with switchable focus screens would easily kill the Df. 

I think Canon is, in many ways, in a very favorable strategic situation. The all-electronic nature of the EF mount and its relatively short flange distance are really an advantage - they could easily add Fuji-style faux aperture rings to their lenses, etc. And with the sensor-tech from the 70D, the EF-M mount also has some serious potential. 

However, I think Canon is still doing too well with its traditional business model. They are not hard-pressed to capture a higher share of the mirrorless market, nor to ride the retro-wave. It's a pity...  Big Grin
Well, just for fun:

Nikon FM3a: manual focus film camera, introduction date 2001:

[Image: 7487478084_3f93ae32d9_z.jpg]

Nikon Df "retro":

[Image: nikon-df_3.jpg]

Canon T90: manual focus film camera, introduced date 1986:

[Image: canon-t90-2.jpg]

Canon EOS 6D "retro":

[Image: _l4c0366_1.jpg]

Retro after all? Wink 
haha nice one  :lol:

1980s product design is retro in its own way, but not necessarily desirable  Big Grin