Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home, sweet home ...
[Image: vivid.jpg]

Taken with the GH3, Olympus 17mm f/1.8 at f/1.8 and 1/15sec - handheld (using electronic shutter).

Nice photo!

I'm really looking forward to your review of the Oly 17mm f1.8.

P.S.:

What do you think about an extra paragraph for reviews titled "purely subjective opinion of the reviewer". Some review sites add their subjective opinion on lenses as an extra to their objective testing. I really like that approach as there is often more to a lens than mere technical specs...

Actually I drooled around with the idea for quite a while.

The problem is, however, that this needs to be moderated.

A viable approach could be to link the corresponding forum message "Next PZ lens test report ...." to the reviews. 

I would suggest an extra paragraph below the Verdict with a headline like "Subjective opinion of the reviewer".

And a link to the forum dubbed "Owners' opinions" which leads to a special topic for that particular lens.

Or just a link dubbed "Owners' opinion" below the verdict which leads to the lens specific "Opinion topic" which gets introduced by the purely subjective opinion of the reviewer Wink

Both would be great!

I think the reviews have gradually introduced subjective comments/ opinions from reviewers in recent times, especially Markus as you can see in his latest two. I think it's a good thing and very helpful but shouldn't be taken too far as it could reduce the apparent 'objectivity' of the review, which gives it its authority.

Michael

Quote:I think it's a good thing and very helpful but shouldn't be taken too far as it could reduce the apparent 'objectivity' of the review, which gives it its authority.

Michael

That's why I would suggest to seperate subjective opinions using an extra paragraph or seperating the subjective opinions into a forum topic.

But don't forget that a testers subjective opinion is a very valueable information, too.
Does this mean you've given up on the Fuji ?

No. For the time being I will enjoy the luxury of keeping two systems.  B)

What is the ISO value?