Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
preview: Panasonic Lumix G 45-150mm f/4.5-5.6 OIS
While we are in previewmania mode ...

http://photozone.smugmug.com/Reviews/pana45150f4556

Cute little lens I'd say.

Quote:Cute little lens I'd say.

Yep, the samples look pretty good indeed.
Impressive for such a tiny and cheap lens. Could be a good travelling lens.

Göran

definitely better than the last olympus preview Smile I wonder how ti compares to the onlympus 40-150 and panasonic 50-200 ?

Quote:I wonder how ti compares to the onlympus 40-150 and panasonic 50-200 ?

The Pana 45-200 that is. I suppose Klaus will never test it on a 16 MP sensor cam. I would also like to see a (re-)test of the Pana 20 mm, f/1.7 on 16 MPs...

That is correct - we will not retest all lenses except maybe a few that are still in stock (Oly 9-18, Pana  7-14).

Given the marginal difference in resolution (3000px (v) vs 3456px) there is hardly any point in doing so.

Basically we moved from the GF1 to the GX1 because the G1/GF1 was outdated on paper but not regarding its sensor.

Anyway, there is a world beyond MFT that needs to be taken care of (there'll be 7 MFT tests within the next 2 months).

I fully understand your point, I´m just curious to see how well the 20mm Pana would perform on 16 MP cam. Probably pointless anyways, as in all likelihood it would do pretty well.

It's one of these lenses where no reviews are really necessary, I mean "re-review". It's so stupidly sharp, even wide open. :-)

still dreaming about a mkII with a proper motorisation.

Quote:It's one of these lenses where no reviews are really necessary, I mean "re-review". It's so stupidly sharp, even wide open. :-)

still dreaming about a mkII with a proper motorisation.

And no interference with E-M5 and GH3 sensors at high ISO!
enjoy
Quote:It's so stupidly sharp, even wide open. :-) still dreaming about a mkII with a proper motorisation.
Yes, thats part of my reasoning for a re-test - to have a sharpness reference point at the 16 MP level. Not so sure about "stupidly" sharp at f/1.7 though, but its darn good even wide open for sure. Somehow this little lens still represents the quintessence for going MFT - very small, lightweight, extremely good performance, fast (admittedly not in terms of AF). I visited an interesting art exhibition yesterday (http://www.me-berlin.com) just with the little Pana and didn´t miss any other kind of glass.