•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So finally ... the Nikon D850
Quote:It's a bit of hypothetical discussion, isn't it? Who on mother earth will use the D850 at lower than maximum resolution?

It's like driving on the autobahn in a Porsche and to decide that 50km/h is good enough today.

I think many sports/wildlife shooters may well choose crop for the reach and smaller file sizes, a four second burst at 9 Fps on FF will produce quite a stock.....and when you get back to the computer you might pick one or two shots!

I still see it as a do it all camera!.....

I'm guilty of using my camera at M1 resolution. Though it's not a D850. Smile
According to BC's (and Mansurov's) explanations, Canon does a better job with real smaller RAW files.

Quote:According to BC's (and Mansurov's) explanations, Canon does a better job with real smaller RAW files.
Although Canon's smaller RAWs have a higher bit depth, they still are not RAW like (they are like 14 bit JPEGs or TIFFs, demosaiced and tonal curved and a WB applied and downsampled).
Yeah! I don't have the camera as there are not much copies available for the stores, but I have a Capture One beta with support for D850! Great, it will be in the next C1 official version.

However, so far I could not check how many of the exotic RAW-formats are supported. For me, DX-version will be enough, I don't see any use for the rest.

Quote:Yeah! I don't have the camera as there are not much copies available for the stores,
I really wonder about this shotrage. The dSLR sells are extremely low. It is still unknown how deep they will go.  Maybe all dSLR manufacture  turned in slow mode.  The prediction pattern is

1. The global camera market will drop below 20 million units.

2. Camera manufacturers will continue to cut jobs (and lose money).

3. We will see less innovation.

4. The focus will switch to professional segment and prices will increase

That is the situation now. Nobody knows what will be the future of those dinosaurs.

I would say – Who is gonna buy Porsche instead of self-driving electric car in near future.

The D850 is opposite of "selling low" and a lot of people ordered at least one, I also saw photogs ordering 2 or 3 to replace their D800/D810 toolbox. I also live in a small country - don't think Switzerland is top priority to Nikon.

Currently there's no online dealer able to deliver a D850 today.

People who like driving will go on to buy Porsche, as it is basically not just something to transport. People who need a transport probably will not buy Honda, Toyota, Peugeot, Volkswagen individual (but uniformly designed) cars. Hey, people are putting a 220kW electro drive into a Jaguar E-type (yes.the design is 1968...)

Back to Nikon: They underestimated the needs of the market for a D850, especially with these kind of specs. They will not sell millions of it at this price, but they will take away a chunk of other pro cameras sales.

Hopefully does not introduce some fire. 

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-d...s-review/6

Wim, BC wake up - take actions :-)

Yeah, it's time to charge the equivalence calculators... wait, it's about too many stops of DR? overrated. totally.

:lol:

Quote:Yeah, it's time to charge the equivalence calculators... wait, it's about too many stops of DR? overrated. totally.

:lol:
Also too many Mpixels and fps - this cammera is non sense :mellow:

•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next