Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony NEX future
Quote:The APS-C is struggling at 24 Mp while the FF can goes up more. 

Who needs more than 24mp ?

I don't need more than 16mp for sure.

Quote:Honestly, FF mirrorless is a phantom pain. The images delivered from a Fuji are superb already and why bother with extra weight (from heavier lenses) ?
To me FF (mirrored or not) is not so much about technical image quality, but the key benefit it gives you over smaller sensors is shallow(er) depth of field applications.

You'll have to do some size/wight/cost calculations, but for a full frame equivalent solution NEX+SpeedBooster+EF primes seems like an interesting solution as long as you don't need rapid AF.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
Quote:Who needs more than 24mp ?

I don't need more than 16mp for sure.
Lots of people said they don't need more than 6mp few years ago. Time will change  B)
It's not resolution but DOF/perspective. As I've said I really like 6x7; and FF is a lot closer than aspc. Basically my hope is something contax-G like; most of the lenses might be f2.8 or f2 but the weight is quite acceptable (many of the lenses were not much heavier than mft and they are extermly high quality - esp the 21,45 and 90.

-

Hum. I guess landscape photographer would be less concern with DOF/perspective ?

Quote:Honestly, FF mirrorless is a phantom pain. The images delivered from a Fuji are superb already and why bother with extra weight (from heavier lenses) ?
Quote:It's not resolution but DOF/perspective. As I've said I really like 6x7; and FF is a lot closer than aspc. Basically my hope is something contax-G like; most of the lenses might be f2.8 or f2 but the weight is quite acceptable (many of the lenses were not much heavier than mft and they are extermly high quality - esp the 21,45 and 90.

-

Hum. I guess landscape photographer would be less concern with DOF/perspective ?

Fuji is going to release a 56mm f/1.2 ... Ok, yes, this is 'only' a 85mm f/1.8 but hey ... this is usually good enough really.
Quote:Well, some of the lenses are promising for sure. The Sony 50/1.8, 35/1.8 and 10-18/4 are decent. No doubts regarding the Zeiss lenses.

Sony is working on the G standard zoom lens and, eventually, we'll see the G tele zoom lens for sure.

The problem is, however, that Fuji is pressing all the right buttons lately so you may argue why to bother anyway. Especially because the upcoming Zeiss primes will be available for Fuji as well.

MFT is smaller, yes, but for most users it is sufficient. The IQ delivered from the OM-D and GH3 is outstanding and once the Pana 42.5/1.2 is here, the only missing things are pro grade long teles.

That all said, neither Fuji or the MFT gang can match Sony in terms of marketing.

Sony has an edge in sensor quality as well as video features at the moment, and the highest development power for the future.

Fuji has hit some right buttons, not sure whether the development of the system, sensor and zoom lenses will continue or it will remain a niche system only, and the cameras are a little bulky at the moment.

And MFT, OMD, GH3 right, but I am looking for an GX2 with view finder and the latest sensor, which is really small and leverages on the small lenses, neither Olympus nor Panasonic offer a body like Fuji and Nex do at a smaller size. And as Popo said it lacks magic...

I hope to see this year: NEX7n, 16-xx Sony G Zeiss, the fixed lenses and the border quality problems solved, this is small and has a lot of magic. For my purpose this would be the better compromise than a FF mirrorless.

or a good Nikon mirror less rumor aiming on top quality and small form factor (not before 2016??), hope to be better implemented than the EOS M...

Cheers Andreas
The best sensors are made by Fuji if you ask me ...

Quote:The best sensors are made by Fuji if you ask me ...

I really hope they will abandon X-Trans in 24+ Mpix generation of sensors.
Quote:I really hope they will abandon X-Trans in 24+ Mpix generation of sensors.

Why's that ?

The support is now pretty decent in C1 and the latest ACR version. 
As a single lens; yes that is 'fast' enough if it has decent quality but there are other advantage of large format such as decrease magnification of the final image. While this might cover up imperfection of the original picture (such as camera shake or motion blur) it never the less plays a role in the final image. From the images I've seen online (I obviously do not have first hand experience) I really do like the fuji images I've seen. I was going to make a comment on the panasonic/olympus 16mp sensor having a 'thin' look but that is opening a can or worm when we start talking about post processing et all.

-

I do have one question about the Fuji sensor. We often see sort of a painted look to distant foilage that has been attributed to in camera processing. Is this processing done @ raw level or do third party converters fix this issue ?

Quote:Fuji is going to release a 56mm f/1.2 ... Ok, yes, this is 'only' a 85mm f/1.8 but hey ... this is usually good enough really.