Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preview: Nikon AF-S 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5 G
Some sample images:

http://photozone.smugmug.com/Reviews/afs1835d3x

-- Markus

Editor
opticallimits.com

What? No reply so far? This lens makes me crave a Dx00 even more! Apparently very little CA around 28mm, my favorite focal length. How about field curvature and RSA? Thanks for the samples.

Ralf
looks god

do compare it with 16-35 in your review...

thanks and regards,
Thanks for sharing the samples, Markus...

One would inevitably compare this lens with the 16-35mm VR... This one does not have a gold ring but it is definitely more affordable, lighter and also the MTF chart looks quite ok. Furthermore the geometric distortion at 18mm looks also tolerable. CAs are there of course (if you check 100% views) but the sharpness at corners is quite good. Also I found the field curvature quite tolerable too. I'm not an expert but Nr. 6 looks ok to me...

Serkan

Looks very decent Smile   Markus, these are without the auto-distortion control on ? Becouse it looks almost too neat..  Smile

Quote:Markus, these are without the auto-distortion control on ? Becouse it looks almost too neat..  Smile

Yes, all developed with C1 Express 6, which doesn't feature any lens correction.

-- Markus

Editor
opticallimits.com

Do you plan to make a full review of this lens? So far the user feedback I've found seem to be very positive about the lens and I've been on the fence about getting it, I was hoping to read another one of your excellent reviews before making up my mind. Thanks for all the hard work!

Quote:Do you plan to make a full review of this lens?
Sure!

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Awesome! Any rough idea how long until it is published? I've been trying to fight the urge to buy it until I read your review, but it's getting harder every day Big Grin