Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 20mm f/1.8 EX DG RF (DX)
Decent stopped down, but just as the other two very weak borders wide open.

In terms of build quality however far ahead and no doubt the best of the trio.

http://www.opticallimits.com/nikon--nikk...maex2018dx

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">well this is convenient, i was just thinking 20mm fell nicely halfway between 16 and 24 -

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">so on the strength of this i'll add 1 to the f's, 1 to the mm's, and X4 to the $$ and have the Distagon please + it looks nice, even though Sigma lives on CarlZeiss boulevard or something, location isn't everything
Wow Markus, you're churning 'em out like there's no tomorrow! But this lens hardly looks promising, even on DX, despite the odd perverse appeal of using less than stellar lenses on high end cameras and embracing the aberrations. Smile One can hope that some day Sigma can update this trio of lenses, making the new 24mm slightly faster (f/1.4) in the process. Judging by their 35mm lens, they can surprise us positively.

Quote:Wow Markus, you're churning 'em out like there's no tomorrow! But this lens hardly looks promising, even on DX, despite the odd perverse appeal of using less than stellar lenses on high end cameras and embracing the aberrations. Smile One can hope that some day Sigma can update this trio of lenses, making the new 24mm slightly faster (f/1.4) in the process. Judging by their 35mm lens, they can surprise us positively.

... at the double price.  Quality doesn't come for free.

It just shows that there is hardly something like a free lunch if the specs are ambitious.

Double? Even then it'll be cheaper than the Canon and Nikon equivalents. Sigma 35/1.4 is amazing value: better than the brand name lenses (especially the feeble Sony G) at the lower price. More of this please!  :wub:

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">the price of a good lens? 

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">… just now i've had to buy another pair of bifocal spectacles, so i went for the vary tint model - oh that will be $510 please no antiglare coating, but we can offer a 10% discount, or from another shop - that will be $450 please, ca's for free - 

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">so think on those numbers when wondering about the price of a cheap good lens … or before you consider sitting on your eye glasses