Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Canon did it again with the EOS 6D II
Some of the latest Tamron and Sigma prime lenses have an issue when shooting in Live-View mode with activated lens correction.

"an issue"?

Well, you know the drill... don't buy the 6D Mark II (it apparently has no dynamic range whatsoever anyway, if the Internet is to be believed  Big Grin).

Switch off corrections or shoot RAW!...........like real men do!

(this should cause the normal Jpg "star wars" .......usually does)    Tongue

I am expecting this to be implemented on all upcoming canon models
Then the good thing is that the Canon models of a couple years' vintage are already good enough for most anything. Smile

I would stop at the 80D.

No further details from Klaus yet. I have to assume it has to do with Sigma and Tamron using Canon lens identifiers, where the camera assumes it is a Canon lens when it is not, causing some error.

Not sure if it is fair to say "So Canon did it again"...

Quote:No further details from Klaus yet. I have to assume it has to do with Sigma and Tamron using Canon lens identifiers, where the camera assumes it is a Canon lens when it is not, causing some error.

Not sure if it is fair to say "So Canon did it again"...

Well, I have mixed feelings on this. 

At some point I think Canon needs to own up and realize their customers are going to use 3rd party lenses and as such, not piss off their customer base. This goes for all manufacturers. There are several things Canon can do. One is offer these 3rd party lens makers a license, free or for a small fee.

The key thing here is if something goes wrong Canon just needs to say that lens wasn't licensed if thee's an iissue. Furthermore, if a lens requires an update and you registered your third party lens they can inform you before the new model camera is released. 

I noticed my Oly has lens updating capability. The lens you want to update has to be on the camera while running the update softer. I'm kind of curious if there was an update for a Pany lens attached would the Oly software show me there's an update? It does read out the revision of the Pany lenses correctly. Does anyone know?
Problems with AF in Liveview?

Quote:Well, I have mixed feelings on this. 

At some point I think Canon needs to own up and realize their customers are going to use 3rd party lenses and as such, not piss off their customer base. This goes for all manufacturers. There are several things Canon can do. One is offer these 3rd party lens makers a license, free or for a small fee.

The key thing here is if something goes wrong Canon just needs to say that lens wasn't licensed if thee's an iissue. Furthermore, if a lens requires an update and you registered your third party lens they can inform you before the new model camera is released. 

I noticed my Oly has lens updating capability. The lens you want to update has to be on the camera while running the update softer. I'm kind of curious if there was an update for a Pany lens attached would the Oly software show me there's an update? It does read out the revision of the Pany lenses correctly. Does anyone know?

Yes, Oly software allows you to update Panny lenses on an Oly body, and vice versa too. I do this all the time. With Oly software it is the easiest, however.

HTH, kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....