Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody good at Panasonic firmware updates
To update the G3 firmware a file needs to be put onto the SD memory card. If I plug the camera into our Windows or Linux PCs, the card is read-only (to protect us users from ourselves?).

Not having a card reader, I wasn't dismayed, I formatted a micro SD card in the camera using an adaptor, then put the micro SD card into my phone, plugged ghat into the PC and transferred the file. I then put the card back into the adapter in the camera and got the lens firmware updated.

This however doesn't work for the camera firmware. Does anyone know how to mount Panasonic cameras read/write on the PC (Windows or Linux) or how precisely the cameras decide whether to update or not?
I use a card reader to transfer files from the computer onto the SD card. The firmware update needs to be in the root directory - not in a folder/subfolder. Take care that the battery is fully charged, the cam may refuse the firmware update if it´s less than well charged.
[quote name='nsandersen' timestamp='1327244268' post='15134']

Not having a card reader, I wasn't dismayed, I formatted a micro SD card in the camera using an adaptor, then put the micro SD card into my phone, plugged ghat into the PC and transferred the file. I then put the card back into the adapter in the camera and got the lens firmware updated.

This however doesn't work for the camera firmware.

[/quote]

Please provide some details about why it worked for the lens firmware, but not for the camera firmware. The way you describe sounds good and it should work for both camera and lens firmware. When trying the camera firmware update, make sure to remove the file for the lens update from the SD card, such that the camera firmware file is the only file in the root directory of your SD card.