Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon 5Dsr vs 5D3 vs 7Dmk2 vs 750D real life test
For Canon bodies thrown at me I do have a serious bat to punch it back. I don't want to pollute my Nikon enviroment with "winning teams"  :lol:

5Dsr is a speciality camera for those who really want high resolution, it comes with a lot of compromises, that's why they didn't call it 5Dmkiv

Personally i am not interested in it, what's the point of all those megapixels if you're not gonna benefit from them?

During the portraits session 5Dsr as rather slow, and I preferred using my 7D, background is blue sky and I won't print larger than A3 anyway, the only other Canon body that would interest me is 1Dx but it's too cumbersome, in Nikon world D500 would be just great, dunno about D850 responsiveness autofocus and speed
Oh really? Slow? D850 is 7 or 9 fps - the model should feel like a delinquent with all this banging shutter around. And don't worry about AF accuracy or speed, a D850 would eat your winning team for breakfast.  :lol: It's almost magic how it glues on a target.

Quote:5Dsr is a speciality camera for those who really want high resolution, it comes with a lot of compromises, that's why they didn't call it 5Dmkiv

Personally i am not interested in it, what's the point of all those megapixels if you're not gonna benefit from them?

During the portraits session 5Dsr as rather slow, and I preferred using my 7D, background is blue sky and I won't print larger than A3 anyway, the only other Canon body that would interest me is 1Dx but it's too cumbersome, in Nikon world D500 would be just great, dunno about D850 responsiveness autofocus and speed

Sorry toni but 5Dm4 is still years behind of competition. It's simply a 5Dm3 with touchscreen, better metering, more megapixels and can focus in live view. Also way to to go Canon, by making your long awaited high resolution camera obsolete by pushing out a 5Dm4 only one year later.

Also you should really find out that there is more to photo gears than Canon. 
Quote:Sorry toni but 5Dm4 is still years behind of competition. It's simply a 5Dm3 with touchscreen, better metering, more megapixels and can focus in live view. Also way to to go Canon, by making your long awaited high resolution camera obsolete by pushing out a 5Dm4 only one year later.

Also you should really find out that there is more to photo gears than Canon. 
The 5D mk IV is a very nice camera, and more userfriendly than the competition. It simply is better in all aspects than the 5D mk III. 

The 5DS® is a separate line meant as high res camera instead of master of all trades camera that the 5D mk III and IV represent. So in your opinion Canon should not have come with a follow up to the 5D mk III  :blink:

Only now that the Nikon D850 is out, it lags in specs again. But not in handling/use. 
No, they should have based 5DSR on 5Dm4 instead of 5Dm3. Wait a few months more instead of basing it on something that is already 3 years old at the moment it came out.

Also 5D series are not really that user friendly. If all you do is look through the finder and press the shutter, yeah. If you need more advanced features like a flipping screen or a working live view or I don't know, one handed operation on a tripod, they are not really user friendly at all. 

Canon's new models are slow coming out, none more so than the 5D series.......

........the 5Dsr came out in the middle of one of those Canon  "placid arid desert moments"  

just before it started raining down a deluge of D5s and D850s. :o

They are still going strong with their lens releases though.

Quote:They are still going strong with their lens releases though.
There's no doubt about their commitment to glass!
It's clear Canon has a major problem now, and they recognized it: their CEO said it clearly we are lagging behind in innovation.

They have plenty of money and they won't hesitate investing in research and development, they might even go to  buying patents and technologies.

Let's see what will happen, anyway their models are very reliable they have good service and glass  and that's what keeping them in good position, but for how long ?