Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympus M.Zuiko 12mm f/2 ED sample gallery
[quote name='Yakim' timestamp='1313828091' post='10850']

You're right. I never knew that. That's very strange. According to B&H there are indeed several OS lenses for Sony. I wonder how it works. [/quote]

It works just as well as on bodies from other brands, as long as the user remembers to turn off IBIS (not an issue with the NEX).

Quote:APS-C has better high ISO than MFT but IMHO the differences are rather small (about one stop)

Assuming that the forthcoming NEX7 sensor is going to be at least as good as the best current APS-C sensor (used in the K-5/D7000/D5100), the difference is going to be closer to 2 stops.

Quote:Last, one must not forget that you sometimes do not want to freeze the action [url="http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/809532/0#7482263"]but vice versa[/url].

Yes, that's what I referred to as "mostly-theoretical situations". None of these shots are what I (or most people) would call keepers. I think you'd have a hard time finding pictures which demonstrate this point and that do fall into this category. As I said, this is mostly-theoretical.
[quote name='boren' timestamp='1313834803' post='10855']Assuming that the forthcoming NEX7 sensor is going to be at least as good as the best current APS-C sensor (used in the K-5/D7000/D5100), the difference is going to be closer to 2 stops.[/quote]

A disadvantage of around 2 stops for MFT compared to the D7000 sounds reasonable. Maybe the 16 MP Panasonic sensor is a bit better, maybe not. Anyhow, the critical issue with the NEX stuff is clearly not the sensors but the (missing) lenses.
[quote name='boren' timestamp='1313834803' post='10855']

It works just as well as on bodies from other brands, as long as the user remembers to turn off IBIS (not an issue with the NEX).[/quote]

Good to know.

Assuming that the forthcoming NEX7 sensor is going to be at least as good as the best current APS-C sensor (used in the K-5/D7000/D5100), the difference is going to be closer to 2 stops.[/quote]

This might have made a difference if this was my prime criteria but it's not. ISO 800 on the E-P3 looks very good to me and ISO 1600 is also fine. I rarely need more.

Yes, that's what I referred to as "mostly-theoretical situations". None of these shots are what I (or most people) would call keepers. I think you'd have a hard time finding pictures which demonstrate this point and that do fall into this category. As I said, this is mostly-theoretical.[/quote]

Well, for me they are certainly keepers. I will probably not print them in poster size but I like them as they are What's most important, they are infinitely better than no pictures at all.
[quote name='Klaus' timestamp='1313643808' post='10801']

I could be sharper at the borders, yes.

[/quote]

Could this be a side effect of the in camera correction of distortion? (which should be quite useless for landscapes)
[quote name='Martin R.' timestamp='1314303710' post='11001']

Could this be a side effect of the in camera correction of distortion? (which should be quite useless for landscapes)

[/quote]

To a certain degree but not completely.

A 12mm f/2 is not easy to design.