Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report: Nikkor AF 85mm f/1.8 D (FX)
[quote name='Yakim' timestamp='1305709613' post='8480']

DNFTT.

[/quote]

Sorry, Yakim.
[quote name='Brightcolours' timestamp='1305710274' post='8483']

Sorry, Yakim.

[/quote]

No, but I do want an answer to that.

the first thing you should do is start listing all the 85mm macro lenses that cost $250. Make your list here

[quote name='oneguy' timestamp='1305704522' post='8474']

You are the same guy who never even touched a camera but were crying about photozone review and rating. Talk about speaking from experience.

[/quote]

Repeating this again and again does not make it a more attractive read. And allow me to add: posting this phrase once more will most likely earn you a temporary ban here.

Do you have actual experience with all the lenses we're discussing here?

Regarding the list you want: I was the one who suggested macro lenses, and I also suggested to look at the used market. There are several possible candidates, but let me be honest: you can easily google for those yourself. The way you participate in the discussions here I don't feel a strong urge to do this work for you.

If a cheap and slow portrait prime is of such importance for you: fine, there's the Sony world, which offers you just that.

Personally, though, I would not base a decision for a system on just one lens. No system can fulfill all possible wishes and needs in the end.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

I would like to thank our moderators/editors for all the nice, recent lens tests. This is really useful data. It may not be perfect, but it is a lot better than nothing and for me it is a good guide to at least stay away from some lenses for my camera. It also tells me with some precision if a lens is good for the kind of use I want it for. Keep at it!!
[quote name='mst' timestamp='1305714215' post='8490']

Personally, though, I would not base a decision for a system on just one lens. No system can fulfill all possible wishes and needs in the end.[/quote]

Truer words were never said.