Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM (Nikon FX)
The test results seems far different from the reviews by lenstip and dxomark...
What is most important in the eyes of one review reader may not be an issue at all in the eyes of the next. I try to absorb and understand all of the information that is available and try to reach my own conclusion based on the sum of the info. The sample images are very valuable to me, maybe a little more valuable than the test charts since I have never photographed a test chart in my life.

In the end, I always take the lens test results with a grain of salt....and the grain of salt is in the form of actual images that I take with the lens mounted on my camera. If the pictures don't look good, I return or sell the lens and get another or different one.

I think the guys here do a good job of providing good unbiased information.

Each one of us can look at the same sky at night and describe a different picture...and each description is exactly correct.
[quote name='mousefire' timestamp='1304732025' post='8110']

The test results seems far different from the reviews by lenstip and dxomark...

[/quote]

Everything looks different from dxomark. They have the weirdest ideas about assessing lenses, apparently. My advice: Ignore DXO mark.

About lenstip's review: They did NOT test it on a full frame body, it was tested on an EOS 20D, which is an APS-C camera. So I suggest you read reviews a little more carefully, if you somehow skipped that tiny detail.