Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lensrentals: MTF 25mm Prime Lens Comparison
Actually, IMO the Oly Pro (25 F/1.2) is an incredibly good lens. I really like the way it renders an image.

Funnily enough I compared it with 2 of the other 3 lenses, and the PL 25 did not impress me (maybe a bad sample, considering the variation), and the Voightlander I did not like because you really need to stop it down quite far to get edge to edge sharpness, apart from the fact that it is MF only. Neither do I like the fairly contrastless rendering of the latter.

The Oly is special because it has very nice, smooth OOF transitions (IOW, great bokeh) both in front of the focused area, and behind, which is something only very few lenses achieve. I reckon that is one of the reasons why it has so many elements.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
Lensrentals: MTF 25mm Prime Lens Comparison - by davidmanze - 01-16-2018, 07:37 AM
Lensrentals: MTF 25mm Prime Lens Comparison - by wim - 01-19-2018, 10:38 PM