Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A ("Art")
What could I say to that question? Rumors are talking about a 46 MP D820, but currently Nikon is synonyme for agony. Actually, the "sharpest" sensor in Nikonland is in D800E which is a bit older and has definitely more shutter/mirror vibration than the D810 - but you made that one 2 years older: It was introduced to market in July 2014 - so not that old as the D3x (9 years, introduced in 2008).

It's just funny: The Nikon side is covered by a 24,5 MP FF model, outdated since at least 3 years. And the Canon side is represented by a 50 MP model, but there are no optical ratings for lenses... I'm asking why you're testing with that body?

Now, what do you want US to do? Stick with steampunk DSLR or get the newest one and hope somehow the sensor will take advantage of new lenses? You, Klaus, are more on the "50 MP is far too much to handle" side.

Me, too, as far as it's a "FF" sensor size. a bit bigger sensor and the 50 MP make sense, but for 24 × 36 mm there are rarely situations I can take full advantage of 36 MP. Be it my own tremor, shutter/mirror slap, weaknesses of lenses or too fast moving subjects in bad light conditions - 36 MP doesn't play it's full strength often.

Back to the lens: Any idea why at PZ the 105/1.4 E is clearly (according to the resolution charts) better than the Sigma 85 Art, which appears to have better resolution at lenscore (but then, where do they measure?).

As to bokeh fringing - in reality it's not so often to have the conditions of the ruler charts, so it might be less an issue than it appears to be at first look. But still, for this price it could be a bit better, at least not worse than the Sigma?

Messages In This Thread
Next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A ("Art") - by JJ_SO - 03-15-2017, 11:01 PM