Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A ("Art")
Quote:The D800 was released in March 2012 - 5 years ago. The sensor has not been changed in any significant way in the D810 - thus we are still talking about a 5 years old sensor there. I assume that Nikon will wait till July (the date of the anniversary) for the announcement of the D820/850.

The sensor itself might not have changed, the filters in front of it all are different! Be it D800, D800E, D810 - I get different results from each of them. And since even you don't dismount the filters, it's misleading to look only at the sensor. Total resolution remains, contrast is improved from D800 - D810 - D800E (in that order). So, if I'm getting different results depending in which body the "same" sensor is fitted in, I prefer to buy the best possible combination. As I was disappointed about the low-res LiveView in D800/D800E inclusive shutter shock and need the better AF, I exchanged the D800 to the better D810.

With the announcement you might be right, it's just a bit weird that the usual rumor sites don't talk anything. Okay, there's the MP rumor and knowing Nikon, this can be the "to be expected" predictable thing to do - while photographers jump ship towards an already available mirrorless system with no bigger form factor than a FF DSLR. If I would like to keep my customers, I'd tell them "something really good is about to come".

Quote:Why are you so stressed about the lack of a final rating in Canon land ? The 50mp sensor has been disruptive regarding its optical characteristics. We have now tested 12 lenses on it. I reckon I will do 3 more tests prior of providing ratings there. A single figure for the optical rating is controversial anyway - and it's misleading to some degree.

First, I'm not stressed at all.  Tongue

Second, being the single figure a controversal one and at the same time delivering all other tests with that single figure, is even more controversal.   :lol:

Messages In This Thread
Next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM | A ("Art") - by JJ_SO - 03-16-2017, 06:32 AM