Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of new Sigma lenses (9) for Sony FE
Today I got a reply from the local Sigma import company. Prices for mount conversions.

They range from 100.- / 250.- / 400.- Swiss francs. Some of the conversions can be done at the dealer's service workshop, others will have to go to Aizu.

I think, it's great news. Okay, I don't switch systems every day, but Sony does have interesting bodies these days. I own 8 lenses from Sigma and having their mounts converted actually will save me some loss which I would have if I try to sell them second hand. Currently I'm talking about 1/3 or 1/2 of the price I paid when it was new. And even if it's only a fixed MC11 adapter:

1. there's no MC-11 for Nikon > Sony
  2. if I buy genuine Sony lenses one day, it would be such a fuss to change lenses and and adapters
  3. One MC-11 costs 250.- francs - so most mount conversions won't be more expensive than this, plus the lenses get cleaned, tested and if necessary adjusted within the process.
To me, that makes Sigma lenses an investment, I welcome this decision away from "throw-away-and-get-something-new" mentality. I'm not free of it, but I prefer it that way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lots of new Sigma lenses (9) for Sony FE - by miro - 03-12-2018, 08:38 PM
RE: Lots of new Sigma lenses (9) for Sony FE - by JJ_SO - 03-16-2018, 10:52 AM