Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of new Sigma lenses (9) for Sony FE
So, your crystal ball knows more than all others, right? I'd say, by the time the first rumors of a Nikon mirrorless become real, I'd also be finished with all lenses converted. You have no idea how attracted I am by just the idea of charging batteries of a mirrorless body (no matter which brand) by just using a normal USB charger. Or having two instead of one battery in a well made instead a wobbly battery grip. Which, btw can be used for all a7... bodies, take that, Nikon!

Nikon is good at lenses. But some Sony glass might be better than Nikon (and more expensive, too). Nikon also used to be good with their optical view finders, mirror boxes and even the AF phase detection modules. Which mirroless needs any of these things?

And while there is a conversion service from Sigma from F- to E-mount, it will take some time until the same Sigma lenses will become available or ready for conversion from F- to whatever mount.

And who tells me (meaning: can make a reliable prediction) about quality, design and ergonomics of a Nikon mirrorless? This toni-a dude? I just don't think so Big Grin

While Sony already learnt by their mistakes, Canon or Nikon will start from scratch, have to come up with adapters or a limited selection of lenses. None of these options is attractive to me. After that, I'd have to wait until the next RAW format gets supported.

It's pretty easy to make a stament like yours, toni-a. The kinky parts are in the details...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lots of new Sigma lenses (9) for Sony FE - by miro - 03-12-2018, 08:38 PM
RE: Lots of new Sigma lenses (9) for Sony FE - by JJ_SO - 03-16-2018, 02:57 PM