Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of new Sigma lenses (9) for Sony FE
(03-16-2018, 12:07 PM)thxbb12 Wrote: If you're contemplating a switch to ML and don't mind their rather large sizes it makes sense. This is assuming the AF will work well.

The biggest benefit will be the end of  AF inaccuracies and lengthy calibrations :-) I read Sony's eye AF does wonders. I'm quite curious about it.

If you switch to Sony, I'd be interested in your take compared to Fuji in terms of ergonomics and fun.
That's what I love about Fuji: somehow I enjoy shooting with it much more than any other system I used before (Pentax, Nikon, Oly, Pany).

Sorry for not replying, I was distracted by tonic's reply.

How could I complain about their sizes? These won't increase much by adding the distance they need for mirrorless. Also, I'm more afraid of the weird proportions between lens and body - so, a battery grip is a sure thing to buy. I never bought mirrorless because of smaller sizes, and compared to a D850 a lot of cameras appear smaller (like a GFX50...).

I'm not in a hurry and there's nothing I could do better or easier with a switch today, but I want to do a couple of cycling trips this year. Every time I had the Fuji with me, the pictures were good, but I missed the details I can see in FF. Going Sony is one scenario I could imagine to improve that situation - and being able to use one charger for the camera as well as for an iPad for sure is a plus, also to use a power bank. I'm not going into wilderness.

But 4 years ago I went to Lithuania and Kaliningrad and cycled there. Had a D800 with me and only two spare batteries. And a GPS-1 (super rubbish, battery eating Nikon accessory). Now, the D850 is consuming much more power, so out of discussion.

I understand a bit what you mean with "more fun", but I have some complaints about the Fujis. And in terms of high quality results, no Fuji APS comes close to D850.

(03-17-2018, 04:43 AM)toni-a Wrote: Before assuming it's a stupid post, focus peaking does work on manual focus lenses yes, however, for native Sony lenses, even if you are on manual focus when you rotate focus ring the camera automatically switches to focus peaking with non electronic  lenses you have to press focus peaking button yourself.
As for the adapter, since it's a canon-canon, it's only job is to transmit electronic signals and increase flange distance so it's construction is  the same as  an extension tube, although it will not act like an extension tube

That made your post even more stupid. What's wrong with pressing a button?

In terms of adapters you also showed not much of insight. I'm not talking about Canon>Canon, because I never will go Canon, but mixing lenses with adapters and genuine lenses always is cumbersome in general. However, do as you please. If you like to believe a first FF mirrorless from either Canon or Nikon will be the right thing to get although you haven't seen it, neither tried to use nor have any idea about specs and lens mounts, you can expect comments like mine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lots of new Sigma lenses (9) for Sony FE - by miro - 03-12-2018, 08:38 PM
RE: Lots of new Sigma lenses (9) for Sony FE - by JJ_SO - 03-17-2018, 11:27 AM