Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French review of the Pentax K1 II and it's revised AF-C.
I read that Pentax were using the accelerator for AF, pixel shift and high ISOs...

Nikon employs a processor separate for AF in the D5/D500........so AF takes some processing power........Pentax K1 is doing a lot with it's processor, what with pixel shift and general throughput......the K1 isn't the most responsive camera and leaves you waiting for certain operations, it's processor is being used to the limit as it is. Maybe I'm wrong, but these algorithms for quicker focus need quicker processing, it has to come from somewhere, I'm sure if the existing processor was sufficient for good AF-C they would have already done it.
Future models will give us more clues, but I see this new AF-C appearing in all their new high grade cameras.

If they would announce three or four FF new lenses that would the icing on the cake!

Messages In This Thread
French review of the Pentax K1 II and it's revised AF-C. - by davidmanze - 04-04-2018, 05:59 AM
RE: French review of the Pentax K1 II and it's revised AF-C. - by davidmanze - 04-04-2018, 11:13 AM