Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon Canon future - is this the 35mm format
JJ, I did not do that graph. Just found it on the internet and my point stands, digital will always be larger because a sensor and the LCD takes a lot of space. I'd even argue that Fuji in that last graph I posted looks a reasonable size but that's only because they got rid of the mirror. It's much closer in size to an FE or any other generic manual focus camera but have a look at where the image plane is, relative to the camera body.

Everything behind that line in that Fuji is digital related. Old film bodies could've been made much smaller because you don't have to put much behind that point, a simple pressure plate and a back cover will do just fine.

And Df is huge because it has a lot of junk in both sides of that plane Big Grin.

Also bring a X-T20 the next time or even better, X-E3. They are absolutely tiny.

Messages In This Thread
Nikon Canon future - is this the 35mm format - by miro - 04-07-2018, 12:28 PM
RE: Nikon Canon future - is this the 35mm format - by davidmanze - 04-08-2018, 01:50 PM
RE: Nikon Canon future - is this the 35mm format - by obican - 04-08-2018, 11:17 PM
RE: Nikon Canon future - is this the 35mm format - by miro - 04-09-2018, 12:37 PM