Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Nikon 1
(07-16-2018, 08:37 AM)Rover Wrote: So let's hope for a comeback, then. I mean, if Deep Purple could make it work, why can't Samsung. Smile

Probably because they dumped it for a good reason and want to focus exclusively on smartphones? In the meantime one can do a lot of things (like shallow DoF / bokeh simulation) with a decent and simple to use smartphone.
(07-16-2018, 08:43 AM)Brightcolours Wrote:
(07-15-2018, 09:20 PM)obican Wrote:
(07-15-2018, 09:57 AM)forum Wrote: If we wanna be precise - Nikon 1 was the fourth digital system to let go ... FT was first and Samsung had two of em - NX and NX-M.

NX-M was probably the most short-lived system ever - introduced in 2014.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_NX_mini#Mount

Would you consider Contax N a digital system?
Or Leica R with its digital back?

Thought about that one too but it wasn't created as a digital system from the ground up, unlike the Contax N and Contax 645.
(07-16-2018, 09:20 AM)JJ_SO Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 08:37 AM)Rover Wrote: So let's hope for a comeback, then. I mean, if Deep Purple could make it work, why can't Samsung. Smile

Probably because they dumped it for a good reason and want to focus exclusively on smartphones? In the meantime one can do a lot of things (like shallow DoF / bokeh simulation) with a decent and simple to use smartphone.

Killing off a camera system (one based around a LARGE sensor to boot) because there are smartphones around is like killing yourself because someone out on the Internet is wrong, in my opinion. Smile Of course the business world may/does not follow the common logic, but the move to end the NX system looked like a spur of the moment decision taken in the strange circumstances...