Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unless Pentax is completely out of their minds ...
... they should hurry up now and join the L-mount initiative. It's their last straw really and it's wide open.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Given the lack of vision of their leaders, it's very likely they won't.
My take is that Pentax will die soon or be bought off by someone else (and en up dying anyway).
Too many mistakes over the years.
A shame, because I think their bodies have among the best ergonomics.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
What would they bring to the L-Mount? They don't even design their own lenses anymore: the new FF ones are rebadged Tamrons. In a year or two, all they will have left is their GR line, and a few specialty compacts.
Would L mount guys be interested in a tiny player like Pentax ??
What would they bring to the alliance? They have a history of providing very small lenses and compact bodies.
I don't know but I reckon that the L-mount is a (relatively) open system now similar to MFT.
Thus it may not be the question of whether there are benefits for the other members but there would be an obvious benefit for Pentax.

I don't get the connection between the L mount and Pentax!
(09-26-2018, 09:58 PM)davidmanze Wrote: I don't get the connection between the L mount and Pentax!

Pentax = the only manufacturer without a mirrorless system (Q doesn't count really ...)
Not the financial strength for establishing a new one thus partnering makes the most sense.

(09-26-2018, 09:58 PM)davidmanze Wrote: I don't get the connection between the L mount and Pentax!

Me neither.
Pentax would be well advised to get on with the K mount..........

.......even the most stalwart Pentaxians are now getting more than lens despondent.......many on the forums are now talking of jumping ship.......

They are running with a skeleton staff these days.......it's like the "Dance macabre"!

.......(Saints Saens)......