Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon RF lens development announcement
https://global.canon/en/news/2019/20190214.html

So the 70-200 does extend (there is a zoom lock switch)
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
I think that Canon is following the Leica/Zeiss way. Five high end Ls and one normal.
If you ask me - Nor of this lenses are interesting for me even if I have EOS R camera
Dunno if it's a move in the right direction, RF 70-200 seems to extend a lot while zooming, while this is good for compactness, I have had issues with lenses that extend a lot and had them serviced by Canon
(02-14-2019, 08:29 AM)miro Wrote: I think that Canon is following the Leica/Zeiss way. Five high end Ls and one normal.
If you ask me - Nor of this lenses are interesting for me even if I have EOS R camera

Well, the Canon CEO mentioned that they are expecting to have only prosumer and professionals using system cameras within the next 5 years. So that lineup is reflecting that.
Albeit I'd say that this is too little for prosumers. The 24-105/4 was a great start - and from here a 16-35/4 and a 100-400 would have been nice.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(02-14-2019, 10:21 AM)Klaus Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 08:29 AM)miro Wrote: I think that Canon is following the Leica/Zeiss way. Five high end Ls and one normal.

Well, the Canon CEO mentioned that they are expecting to have only prosumer and professionals using system cameras within the next 5 years. So that lineup is reflecting that.
Albeit I'd say that this is too little for prosumers. The 24-105/4 was a great start - and from here a 16-35/4 and a 100-400 would have been nice.

Right, the 15-35/2.8 IS looks like a technological tour de force (and with a front filter thread, to boot!) but I would have chosen a 16-35/4 IS lens for a variety of reasons.