Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RF 15-35mm f2.8, RF 24-70mm f2.8, RF 70-200mm f2.8 prices
It works nicely on the X-T1 with the 56mm f/1.2 APD set into A mode.
As mentioned - this is not from memory - I tried it.

FWIW, will get the X-T30 soon as next test camera.
I just had a look at its manual - http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-t30/...en_s_f.pdf - see page 7. Aperture on the lens set to A -> front dial.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
I tried the X-T2 with both the 23 and 56, set in A mode. You described what I would expect to be working. I went into the menu, the point "Aperture setting" "A + shutter speed dial M" remains greyed out. Sad Often that would have been so helpful, like with the heavy 100-400, so I was hoping to find something new in the manual now - but no, it says:

Objektive ohne Blendenring

Die Art der Blendeneinstellung kann mithilfe von
TASTEN/RAD-EINSTELLUNG >BLENDENEINSTELL. ausgewählt werden. Wenn eine andere Option als AUTO gewählt ist, lässt sich die Blende mit dem vorderen Einstellrad einstellen.
Die Blendeneinstellung ist standardmäßig dem vorderen Einstellrad zugewiesen, kann aber mit
TASTEN/RAD-EINSTELLUNG BEDIENRAD-EINST.
dem hinteren Einstellrad zugeordnet werden.

The title in the green line says clearly "lens without aperture ring" - and the 56/1.2 has one. So, if the X-T1 had this function, I would really like to read about the reason to throw it out and also why X-T1 users who updated to the T2 could not make Fuji bring it back again, within 4 major FW updates.

Especially because they brought back the feature, for their "large format" line (aka oversized FF sensors) all lenses have an A and a C position on the aperture ring. Maybe A was not precise enough?
Super strange.

Out of 30 lenses 4 have no aperture ring. And all lenses with aperture ring do have an A on it. Next saturday there's a kind of photo event nearby. With a Fuji tent. So maybe these guys know something? If so, I'll let you know.

I'm not sure if it would be helpful to use the front dial - it's moving as easy as a Nikkor Z-lens' distance (or multifunction) ring. One of my main critic towards Fujis UI is also that a lot of buttons are too small, too recessed and the dials move either to easy or too heavy (the rings with exposure measurement method or drive settings are hard to motivate and usually jumping one position more.
To bring this to an amusing end: I just met with a friend at IPFO (International photography festival Olten - whuuut, you don’t know Olten? Birthplace of Swiss railroads...) anyway, there’s a Fuji cube with all 6 Fuji representants of CH in (I guess). 4 of them tried to bring the aperture change to the front dial. Apparently the dial of my X-T2 still has other plans. After half an hour of intense manoeuvres in the menu they asked me if it’s ok to reset the camera? After reset the menu entry remained greyed out...

I got a business card of one of the guys to send it in and have it checked.

Funky.
Always "interesting" when they pretend a software issue like this somehow is sample-specific.
(08-29-2019, 03:16 PM)JJ_SO Wrote: Out of 30 lenses 4 have no aperture ring. And all lenses with aperture ring do have an A on it. Next saturday there's a kind of photo event nearby. With a Fuji tent. So maybe these guys know something? If so, I'll let you know.

I'm not sure if it would be helpful to use the front dial - it's moving as easy as a Nikkor Z-lens' distance (or multifunction) ring. One of my main critic towards Fujis UI is also that a lot of buttons are too small, too recessed and the dials move either to easy or too heavy (the rings with exposure measurement method or drive settings are hard to motivate and usually jumping one position more.

Buttons being too recessed was also an issue on the X-T1 - which is why I considered the X-H1.

(08-31-2019, 12:02 PM)JJ_SO Wrote: To bring this to an amusing end: I just met with a friend at IPFO (International photography festival Olten - whuuut, you don’t know Olten? Birthplace of Swiss railroads...) anyway, there’s a Fuji cube with all 6 Fuji representants of CH in (I guess). 4 of them tried to bring the aperture change to the front dial. Apparently the dial of my X-T2 still has other plans. After half an hour of intense manoeuvres in the menu they asked me if it’s ok to reset the camera? After reset the menu entry remained greyed out...

I got a business card of one of the guys to send it in and have it checked.

Funky.

Well, I searched a bit around - and saw comments that it can't be done with the X-T2.

I'm gonna forward this to the 4 Fuji guys. One even asked the other "do you still know firmware 4.20?"

Current version number is 4.30 which only supports the 200/2.0 who no one who doesn't take his Fujis to bed will ever buy. But it could have been... and they had none of Fuji's cheapo lenses without aperture ring, so we could not test it. Ah, "they" could not test it, as my friend and I made the audience for Fuji guy number 5 who listed a lot of advantages of the GFX line to us. It's not that we asked for it...

Okay, maybe I don't gonna forward this...  Rolleyes