Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lenstip reviews the Nikkor 200-500mm VR tele-zoom.
Lenstip had reviewed the Tamron G1, the Sigma sport, the Sigma contemporary and now the Nikkor AF-S 200-500mm VR ED.

The results show that the Sport is the marginal winner with the Nikkor in 2nd place, then the G1 followed by the Sigma contemporary.......the differences between them is in the order of 2-3 lpm!

........reviews of the G2 have been confined to "one" Ephotozine compact review...........
How stupid one lens testing site can be?

I don't know if there are even G1 types of the Tammy availbale elsewhere than in clearance sales. Although I never tried a Nikkor 200-500, I doubt it to be better than a Tamron G2. But as you said the differences will be only small. If the optical differences become small, handling, size and weight get more interest.
AS far as I have seen, Nikon 200-500 is a great lens, a friend of mine living in Canada emailed me pictures taken with this lens and Nikon D500 to print and send to his parents, plenty of details and excellent colors on A4 prints
Of course I could download full resolution samples from other lenses and compare prints,but I find no reason to do it.
My friend says this lens is as good as it could be
The AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR delivers great performance for a reasonably low cost of just under US$1,400 TellDunkin.