Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon EOS Ra announced
For astro photography

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/porta...ess/eos-ra
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
In the tradition of the Canon EOS 20a, Canon EOS 60a and Nikon D810a.

Besides the lack of IR-filter, it also has enhanced magnification (30x instead of 10x of the standard EOS R).
Magnification of what? EVF-picture or optical system? I really don't understand what you mean.

If it's EVF: It's hard to see the stars in all this noise when the EVF is enlarged. Is there some noise reduction involved?
(11-06-2019, 12:01 PM)JJ_SO Wrote: Magnification of what? EVF-picture or optical system? I really don't understand what you mean.

If it's EVF: It's hard to see the stars in all this noise when the EVF is enlarged. Is there some noise reduction involved?

Magnification of the live view feed (EVF or back LCD).

Knowing Canon, they probably tested the 30x feature. So it most probably will indeed help with focussing on whatever you want to focus on up there..
Ok, thanks for clarifying.
(11-06-2019, 01:44 PM)Brightcolours Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 12:01 PM)JJ_SO Wrote: Magnification of what? EVF-picture or optical system? I really don't understand what you mean.

Magnification of the live view feed (EVF or back LCD).

Knowing Canon, they probably tested the 30x feature. So it most probably will indeed help with focussing on whatever you want to focus on up there..

Thank you for posting something like this