Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leica SL2 announced
https://au.leica-camera.com/Photography/.../Leica-SL2
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Amazing. So, now you can choose if you want to pay $3699 for the Panasonic, or rather pay $5995 for the same camera, but with the Leica label. Yay.
That's the case since Leica and Panasonic started working together - as it was before with Minolta and Leica.

But I must say, price aside, the SL2 looks attractive to me. Maybe it has something to do with a friend of me who uses his Leica rather often, while a D800 collects dust. I still prefer the reliability of an on-sensor-AF and eye AF...
I second the attractiveness of the SL2, but the lack of articulating screen is a deal breaker for me.
(11-22-2019, 07:42 PM)faint Wrote: I second the attractiveness of the SL2, but the lack of articulating screen is a deal breaker for me.

Which already was a deal breaker for me regarding the Panasonic S1/R. I know their " a bit down, tow bits up and a bit towards the left" screens from the X-T2 and in real life it's a limit for all kinds of shooting angles.

But so far, there is no FF mirrorless with a fully articulated screen.
Both EOS R and RP offer a swivel screen.
(11-26-2019, 07:51 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: Both EOS R and RP offer a swivel screen.

True. And the 6D (as one of the rare FF DSLRs with tilt/swivel LCD) as well. Forgot about them.