Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tokina ATX-i 100mm F2.8 FF MACRO announced
https://tokinalens.com/product/atx_i_100..._ff_macro/
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Oh deja-vu! (https://forum.opticallimits.com/showthread.php?tid=4544)

LOL @ Tokina. #Tokinafail.

Lets read about this NEW LENS then.
ATX-i. Ok, i is new. What is i about then? What feature is this? Oh.. uhmm... Ok. They added the letter i to signify an interactive bond between photographer and lens, ' "i" stands for "interactive", implying mutual communication between photographer and the lens. This is our believe that this series will provide a tight bond between photographer and the lens in order to capture in the image that the photographer sees around'.
Wow. So the i signifies.... that addition of the letter i. Seriously.

"Exterior, specifications and performance of Tokina's popular and well acknowledged so far AT-X PRO lenses are reconsidered with the contemporary cameras in mind and launched under atx-i brand."

Tokina-dude, it has the SAME specifications and performance as the last 100mm f2.8 macro. And the one before that.

Ok, lets read about the optical performance part of this new prime, the ATX-i 100mm f2.8 macro. "To achieve an exceptional optical performance demanded for ultra wide angle zoom lens.."
Huh?
"...  two aspherical glass elements and two Super-Low Dispersion glass elements were used in order to minimize distortion, manage spherical aberration and astigmatism while achieving excellent edge-to edge resolution and contrast of the entire image. Great efforts were done to control light fall-off at all focal lengths."
Huh?

Tokina-dude, it is not a zoom lens. Has just one focal length. And the two Asph elements and SLD glass, where did they go? It is the SAME lens as before, (and before that...), with the SAME MTF curves publishes.

Just an i added for uhmm.. more "mutual communication". And new outer lens barrel mouldings.
Interactive? So it talks to the user if he/she gets bored or lonely? Smile