Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your suggestions, my photos are on hard disks doing nothing....
(12-12-2019, 08:11 AM)davidmanze Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 02:36 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: Why are they keepers, according to you? Who would have an interest in them? Only you and for instance family because they are in them or it is about events they were part of? If so, why an online gallery?
There are (too) many meaningless galleries online, so first figure out your audience.
 Such questions ! ..... ask Flickr  ..... Facebook .... Smugmug .... etc ....... maybe they know the reason for their existence ....... (maybe, part of it is the pleasure of sharing)

.... your audience is a proportion of the general public ...... and there's absolutely no need to figure who they are .....

..... they will find you ...... whatever site you choose !!

...... strangely, although most sites welcome comments ..... criticism is generally considered bad form ..... and I never see it on Flickr.
Ask Flickr what? Who is waiting for another pointless Flickr poster? Ask Facebook what? Which the same friends are who always like whatever post you made? Ask Smugmug what? Why no one ever goes there? ..... .......... .. .

.... . . ...... .. . He asks about a gallery, and you only come up with 2 "social media" photoupload websites that have the attraction of a dead zombie, and Facebook. 

If it is about the pleasure of sharing to your friends, there is indeed Facebook, and I am quite sure that is not what Toni is looking for. .. ... .... ..... ...... ....... ........ ......... ..........

As far as "social media" goes, only Instagram comes to mind. But that is not so much about a "gallery" than about a slowish, constant trickle of image posts to gain and keep an audience.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your suggestions, my photos are on hard disks doing nothing.... - by Brightcolours - 12-12-2019, 09:20 AM