Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello again
Ooh, the forum looks different. I recognise many names are still active here, don't think I've logged in since this was still photozone? Do we still have the endless arguments on equivalence? Big Grin 

I've been largely inactive when it comes to photography, and turned into "phone is good enough" for the random shot I take and never get around to posting anywhere.

Recently youtube has been pushing camera reviews at me, and other events in life are making me wonder if I should be more active in photography once again. Who knows, maybe I'll even look at this mirrorless thing more seriously, or perhaps dabble in a bit of video.

I've still got my Canon DSLR kit, and I see they finally got more serious in mirrorless. I have no clue how they compare so that's still on me to catch up on, although the live view AF on M6II/90D looks promising.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
(01-30-2020, 12:01 PM)popo Wrote: Ooh, the forum looks different. I recognise many names are still active here, don't think I've logged in since this was still photozone? Do we still have the endless arguments on equivalence? Big Grin 

The next change of the forum will be to call it "equivalencagram" or something even more hip. Good to see you back.

Now, which lens you want to get equivalated? Big Grin
Welcome back Popo!
Equivalence is still going strong... Just read last posts made be BC.
Welcome back.

Many things don't change here. Smile
(01-30-2020, 12:46 PM)JJ_SO Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 12:01 PM)popo Wrote: Ooh, the forum looks different. I recognise many names are still active here, don't think I've logged in since this was still photozone? Do we still have the endless arguments on equivalence? Big Grin 

The next change of the forum will be to call it "equivalencagram" or something even more hip. Good to see you back.

Now, which lens you want to get equivalated? Big Grin  

..... the optical quirks, obsessions  and injustices of dimensional sensor-tivity and their social effects on mankind !! ....
welcome back

I'd say that we are slowly departing the era of equivalence now and are entering the madness of image auto-correction and what it means to the photographic world. ;-)

I, for one, am still waiting for the first digital bokeh in a system camera. And I will welcome it. :-)
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
And 8% native distortion in a lens that isn't marketed as a fisheye...
welcome back popo, some things don't change....
welcome home ;-).
Thanks all for the messages. I'm still catching up with the current state of equipment offerings.

Earlier me would have said, how much can you edit an image and still call it a photo? Software manipulation is getting more advanced all the time, might as well make use of it where appropriate. I'm not sure how much of it I'd need to get done in camera though, unless I go back to jpeg...

Don't know if it would be a bit of a tangent for this forum, been debating playing with video. General purpose video cameras are not that expensive, but with continuing advances in system camera "live view" AF, I wonder if that is worth looking at too... not going for cinematic masterpieces, more documentary style. I dunno, something to think about deeper another time.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.