Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More insane Canon zooms coming: 120-700f4-8
https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news/...-120-700mm
Seems Canon insisting on making extreme lenses. 
Dunno if such extreme lenses is the best way to attract new customers albeit this one would be great for sports. 
We need more 20-60 compact zoom like Panasonic
Most of those patents are just about patenting the designs, it does not mean that a 100-700mm lens "is coming".
There have probably been more than 40 "RF" lens patent applications uncovered. Are all those coming in all their slightly different variations? No.
Agreed, however when they make several patents for lenses in the same area 100-600 100-700 and 120-700 this means they are planning for something
-
(06-05-2020, 07:02 PM)toni-a Wrote: https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news/...-120-700mm
Seems Canon's insisting on making extreme lenses. 
Dunno if such extreme lenses are the best way to attract new customers albeit this one would be great for sports. 
We need more 20-60 compact zooms like Panasonic

Canon have not yet come out with a long super zoom ......... only the 100-400mm ...... 150-600mm Sigma/Tamron zooms are all the rage and Nikon has the 200-500mm F5.6 ....... 
 120-700mm would put Canon shooters in the wildlife game .... F8 though, isn't going to knock everybody's socks off ..... but it's what I often shoot at with the Tamron ..... so it's doable.
 20-60mm zooms will appear from many manufacturers ....... let the long lenses arrive first ......... Smile
(06-06-2020, 06:03 AM)davidmanze Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 07:02 PM)toni-a Wrote: https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news/...-120-700mm
Dunno if such extreme lenses are the best way to attract new customers albeit this one would be great for sports. 

Canon have not yet come out with a long super zoom ......... only the 100-400mm ...... 150-600mm Sigma/Tamron zooms are all the rage and Nikon has the 200-500mm F5.6 ....... 
 120-700mm would put Canon shooters in the wildlife game .... F8 though, isn't going to knock everybody's socks off ..... but it's what I often shoot at with the Tamron ..... so it's doable.
 20-60mm zooms will appear from many manufacturers ....... let the long lenses arrive first ......... Smile
Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh  A Nikonian and bird shooter moving Canon RF ??? even if I see it I wouldn't believe  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
well anyway,
i can imagine tamron/sigma jumping in the market for such zomms rather soon

kr
couplos
(06-06-2020, 06:46 AM)toni-a Wrote:
(06-06-2020, 06:03 AM)davidmanze Wrote:

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh  A Nikonian and bird shooter moving Canon RF ??? even if I see it I wouldn't believe  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
You have good reason to not believe it ...... I'm going nowhere at all !!

especially not for a vapour-ware 120-700 F8 ......

some recent shots ....... all marked FL are from the 600mm F4E VR FL .......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124690178@N08/
Excellent work, not saying it as a compliment but as an objective opinion, not only you have excellent shots in your portfolio, but you also consistently keep those awesome shots coming, which proves it is not by luck or by coincidence you are having those neat images, thumbs up.
Your work deserves wider spread, and you deserve more for your work 600 followers that doesn't give you right, I am not a social media expert, but i know there's something that deserves to be done
I'd suggest that you first look and see whether you will survive the price shock when the 100-500mm hits the markets ...
Thereafter your lust for a 700mm lens will diminish.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(06-06-2020, 07:06 PM)toni-a Wrote: Excellent work, not saying it as a compliment but as an objective opinion, not only you have excellent shots in your portfolio, but you also consistently keep those awesome shots coming, which proves it is not by luck or by coincidence you are having those neat images, thumbs up.
Your work deserves wider spread, and you deserve more for your work 600 followers that doesn't give you right, I am not a social media expert, but i know there's something that deserves to be done

Hey, thank very much Toni ....... I wasn't expecting that! 

I do no social media these days so all goes by posting on Flickr ..... 
 ....... but I'm good with a low profile and staying under the radar!

Have a good sunday !!