Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon RF 50f1.8 RF 70-200f4 RF 800f11 and others coming
Very much the twilight zone, this discussion with you.

My beef? It is no secret that I am not a fan of Tony Northrup and his video's, he often is wrong. But he evidently is very right when he states that 11" is very compact for a 600mm lens. And then you criticise him for saying that. In an in my view dishonest manner. That is my beef. Saying the Tamron 150-600mm is less long at 150mm is just silly as rebuke to "this 600mm lens is amazingly compact". Just like it would be silly to bring up a Sigma 600mm f8 mirrorless as rebuke to the same thing.

And I have never ever ridiculed your bird shots, openly or in a hidden fashion. Why you think I did, no idea. I have no interest in birding, myself. I love birds, find them amazing and interesting, but have no interest in spending a lot of money to carry around a lot of weight into nature to make documentary images of birds in the distance or birds flying across the blue sky. I can't see myself hanging big framed prints of a bird like that on the wall, or someone else's wall. They will be fine for bird books, though. Birding is not my thing. Just like going to car shows for making photos of those cars with expensive gear is not my thing. For me, the artistic element is lacking.

I also do not think event photography is my thing, or wedding photography, or documentary sports photography. I also do not like making documentary images of flowers. If I make images with flowers, to me it is about atmosphere, emotion, composition, "painting with light".

So, if I say that I do not get birders (in general), or that birding is not for me, it is NOT ridiculing your bird shots. It just says that I am not into birding. And I certainly have never ridiculed or criticised any of your bird shots...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Canon RF 50f1.8 RF 70-200f4 RF 800f11 and others coming - by Brightcolours - 06-13-2020, 06:12 AM