•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentax K-3 III details
Are you forgetting that a DSLR has the secondary sensor, traditionally tasked with measuring the exposure, but which now also does subject recognition and tracking? As I already said, it's quite high resolution for a DSLR, 307,000 RGBIr pixels; only the Canon 1Dx Mark II and Mark III have higher resolutions.

There's also the ability to precisely identify and compensate for sources of image noise, as well as other neat tricks. I don't know exactly how they did it, but it's amazing and unexpected:
https://youtu.be/nTlnd6XP9Oo?t=960
And yes, the next K-1 should be truly amazing.
(03-01-2021, 09:07 PM)Kunzite Wrote: Are you forgetting that a DSLR has the secondary sensor, traditionally tasked with measuring the exposure, but which now also does subject recognition and tracking? As I already said, it's quite high resolution for a DSLR, 307,000 RGBIr pixels; only the Canon 1Dx Mark II and Mark III have higher resolutions.

There's also the ability to precisely identify and compensate for sources of image noise, as well as other neat tricks. I don't know exactly how they did it, but it's amazing and unexpected:
https://youtu.be/nTlnd6XP9Oo?t=960
And yes, the next K-1 should be truly amazing.

The D750 was first Nijkon to have eye detect in the OVF with Auto area mode ......... and it works fairly well ..... the D500 has it too, as does I think the D850 ..... 
  ...... one thing that has to be remembered though is the size of the AF coverage in the OVF ..... the APSc sensor has the advantage here, having a useful area ...... FF DSLRs much less so, often struggling in portrait mode to even focus on the eyes without spoiling the composition or requiring focus/recompose ..... 
 ...... so how beneficial will the tracking/eye detect be using the new sensor will be for FF J1 given it's limited coverage in the frame ?    ........ personally I've found FF OVF AF coverage to be a limiting factor ........  a big win for MLCs in that department, mostly covering the whole frame !!
  ...... the J1, being a special made to order DSLR, if that somewhat strange long alien space module that covers the prism is not to your taste .... you can pick up the standard model!

Come on Pentax get that K3III out to market before the boat sails !!
Why are you trying to divert the attention to the FF models? Is this K-3 III so inconveniently good for you?
I noticed !! .......... the K-1 II J camera after you mentioned it in this thread (thanks so much !) ..... and how eye AF and tracking are not the personal property of Pentax and has been done before in both FF and crop sensors ......... albeit at a lesser resolution .... 

...... as far as I can see there's little more I can say about the K3 III until Pentax actually release the thing and we see how well it actually performs ... 

..... I think the camera is promising spec wise ....... as I have said here already ......

........ but you can't judge a camera on specs alone ........

........ isn't that right Alex ??
But I never said eye AF and tracking are "the personal property of Pentax", so why are you accusing me of that?
Pentax had subject recognition and tracking using the metering sensor since the K-3, by the way. Now they're improving.
OTOH there were mirrorless fans which claimed it can't be done on a DSLR, as you'd supposedly need the full sensor resolution. You should argue with these, not with me.

You're proving my point; this will be the third time I'll be mentioning the high ISO better than a full frame, something you found not worthy of discussion... yeah, right Rolleyes

.jpg   Screenshot 2021-02-24 181223.jpg (Size: 152.64 KB / Downloads: 10)
(03-02-2021, 01:47 PM)Kunzite Wrote: the high ISO better than a full frame, something you found not worthy of discussion...

Do you have link to RAW samples ?? Isn't Pentax using Sony sensors ??? in that case it's software based noise reduction (which is not a bad thing) shooting RAW and using Artificial Intelligence (AI) noise reduction totally transformed my shooting, before I avoided anything above ISO 6400 now I can safely use ISO 25000 on EOS RP without having major worries for noise.
Also I noticed that using AI noise reduction on 7D2 crop camera I can have at the same ISO speed results comparable or even superior to what I natively have from newer and full frame EOSRP
Yeah, yeah, "if it's Pentax it can't be real!!!"...
It's more than "software based noise reduction", and it's not only about the noise.
(03-02-2021, 01:47 PM)Kunzite Wrote: But I never said eye AF and tracking are "the personal property of Pentax", so why are you accusing me of that?
Pentax had subject recognition and tracking using the metering sensor since the K-3, by the way. Now they're improving.
OTOH there were mirrorless fans which claimed it can't be done on a DSLR, as you'd supposedly need the full sensor resolution. You should argue with these, not with me.

You're proving my point; this will be the third time I'll be mentioning the high ISO better than a full frame, something you found not worthy of discussion... yeah, right Rolleyes

I sent you a PM as I have no intention of niggling over an as yet unreleased camera!

thank you so much Alex ......
(03-02-2021, 07:36 PM)Kunzite Wrote: Yeah, yeah, "if it's Pentax it can't be real!!!"...
It's more than "software based noise reduction", and it's not only about the noise.
I was serious and not sarcastic in my request, AFAIK Pentax uses Sony sensors, so they should perform close to Sony sensors.
So... why exactly you're ignoring the comparison presented?
Pentax is using Sony sensors, but with Pentax-specific hardware and processing. Everything matters, in a problem as sensitive as image noise.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next