•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentax K-3 III details
Initial review at dpr: https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentax-...ial-review
I cannot say I'm impressed, especially given the high price.
However, we'll see how it truly fares once the final review is up.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
So... this is the K-3iii tracking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugixOiozDhA

Yes, the camera was announced, it will cost about $2000 and will be available in late April. There's a ton of information, much more than the usual (for Pentax).
http://news.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/rim_info...30251.html
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/k-3-3/
The quality of the video is not very high, but the dog images they show at the end look not really in focus, especially the last one. Anyway, the amount of improvements and development Ricoh/Pentax has put into this model is very impressive, especially seeing how small Pentax actually is (market share wise). 11 FPS, 25.7mp, the big OVF and the improved AF functionality are commendable. The lack of PD AF (for live view AF and video AF) and swivel screen are a bit odd, perhaps, in 2021.

How well the camera will perform in reality has to be shown yet, of course.
......... Like many others I'm hanging off a cliff by my little finger nail waiting to see the AF-C ....
So the much-debated Eye-AF isn't listed in the specs ...

I love the horizon correction though. Not new for Pentax but still not implemented by the others I think?
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(03-31-2021, 11:57 AM)Klaus Wrote: So the much-debated Eye-AF isn't listed in the specs ...

After all the fussy discussions I am eager to see first real review of the camera.

@Kunzite: Maybe you don't believe me, because (in short) you called me a liar and withdraw not yet, but I would be more than happy to see a good review.

As "mst" already mentioned before: You need both the resolution on live image sensor to detect eyes and enough autofocus points to actually focus on detected eyes.

So, face detection autofocus: Yes, really conceivable!
Object tracking: Yeah, can be improved significantly!
Eye autofocus: Hmm...

But let's wait for the first review!
(03-31-2021, 05:07 PM)thomass Wrote: @Kunzite: Maybe you don't believe me, because (in short) you called me a liar and withdraw not yet, but I would be more than happy to see a good review.
I didn't call you a liar, though. I stand by the statements I've made, but take no responsibility for the ones I didn't.
(03-31-2021, 05:07 PM)thomass Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 11:57 AM)Klaus Wrote: So the much-debated Eye-AF isn't listed in the specs ...

As "mst" already mentioned before: You need both the resolution on live image sensor to detect eyes and enough autofocus points to actually focus on detected eyes.

So, face detection autofocus: Yes, really conceivable!
Object tracking: Yeah, can be improved significantly!
Eye autofocus: Hmm...

But let's wait for the first review!

...... most buying the K3 III will be buying it for the fact that "it is a Pentax K mount DSLR"  ....... if it has eye detect ? ...... all well and good .... if not, so what!
 .... one thing for sure is they will getting the best APSc OVF in the business .... while ML users are looking at a flickering LCD screen ..... 

.... at the moment I cannot buy a Nikon with a decent EVF .... because there isn't one ........ how condemning is that for the latest from Nikon ??

So move up to a DSLR today ......... and let the shooter see the birdie ...... not the processor ......... you know it makes sense !!.......... Smile
I do not get that eye detect thing much, either. Yay what fun, let the camera do everything after you press the button (to instruct the camera to do its thing to take a picture).

Took along my Tamron SP 500mm f8 (manual focus mirror lens from the 1980's) while walking the dog this morning. Had to detect the eye all by myself. Oh dear. What is next? I'll have to make horizons level all by myself too?

.jpg   Donna500mmdafodils.jpg (Size: 362.78 KB / Downloads: 16)
Big Grin 
(04-01-2021, 11:30 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: I do not get that eye detect thing much, either. Yay what fun, let the camera do everything after you press the button (to instruct the camera to do its thing to take a picture).

Took along my Tamron SP 500mm f8 (manual focus mirror lens from the 1980's) while walking the dog this morning. Had to detect the eye all by myself. Oh dear. What is next? I'll have to make horizons level all by myself too?

Your eye detection algorithm is pretty good, even better than Sony's [Image: biggrin.png]
--Florent

Flickr gallery

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next