Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 USM L III
Quote:Lighting will the the same for 16mm f13 (FF) and 10mm f8 (APS-C) when you set APS-C to for instance ISO 200 and FF to ISO 500 or so.

Why would there be a different perspective for 16mm on FF and 10mm on APS-C? There actually is no perspective difference. Same subject distance and same FOV.

APS-C has the price and weight advantage. FF the shallow DOF possibility advantage.
Why should I set different ISO settings? I am shooting in bright daylight so on both I will use lowest ISO available (100mm in my case)

At ISO 100 10mm f8 on 750D I have more DOF than ISO 100 16mm f8 on 5D will be using same shutter speed will be having same angle or coverage. You might argue about quality pixel density and noise, you are correct, however for me it's the point I noted that matters.

And as said, I am not a wide angles guy, however I discovered this too late after investing in lenses, go figure my prefered landscape lens is 50mm f1.4.
Quote:Why should I set different ISO settings? I am shooting in bright daylight so on both I will use lowest ISO available (100mm in my case)

At ISO 100 10mm f8 on 750D I have more DOF than ISO 100 16mm f8 on 5D will be using same shutter speed will be having same angle or coverage. You might argue about quality pixel density and noise, you are correct, however for me it's the point I noted that matters.

And as said, I am not a wide angles guy, however I discovered this too late after investing in lenses, go figure my prefered landscape lens is 50mm f1.4.
Because you said that exposure time is important. What do you do when exposure time is too long? You raise the ISO.

So you choose a FOV. (equivalent focal lengths)

You choose a DOF. (equivalent f-value)

You determine a suitable exposure time. If the exposure time is too long, you set a higher ISO. That is how photography works.  B)