Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next OL lens test report - Sony FE 35mm f/1.8
Good. No more, no less.

https://www.opticallimits.com/sonyalphaf...-sony35f18
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Are you posting CA corrected sample images now? Because that CA is not findable...
(06-28-2021, 10:42 AM)Klaus Wrote: Good. No more, not less.

https://www.opticallimits.com/sonyalphaf...-sony35f18

Is That True??

KrogerFeed
I am not impressed, aside center resolution it offers nothing more than 20 year old consumer lenses like Canon 35mmf2.0 that was already smaller and lighter
I know values are not comparable across systems and sensor resolution, but it's clear from resolution side, it is not impressive on the borders
(08-02-2021, 04:47 PM)toni-a Wrote: I am not impressed, aside center resolution it offers nothing more than 20 year old consumer lenses like Canon 35mmf2.0 that was already smaller and lighter
I know values are not comparable across systems and sensor resolution, but it's clear from resolution side, it is not impressive on the borders

I don't think the 20y old EF 35mm f/2 performs this good on a 42mp sensor though ...
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(08-03-2021, 12:00 AM)Klaus Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 04:47 PM)toni-a Wrote: I am not impressed, aside center resolution it offers nothing more than 20 year old consumer lenses like Canon 35mmf2.0 that was already smaller and lighter

I don't think the 20y old EF 35mm f/2 performs this good on a 42mp sensor though ...

It actually is 31yo. The IS USM replacement is from 2013.
Interesting how the EF lens with the longest production run was actually a pretty modern looking, USM one... the 100/2 that only got discontinued early this year after 30 years. (!)
Pity it was never tested on FF here in the 'Zone. Smile