Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next OL lens lab test - Samyang / Rokinon AF 14mm f/2.8 RF
(08-08-2021, 04:05 PM)Rover Wrote: Why do I have the feeling Canon is shooting itself (sp?) in the foot by actively clamping down on third-party stuff for the RF mount? I don't remember them being so aggressive against companies making lenses for the EF mount - it looked like they tacitly tolerated them, and probably got peripheral increase in camera sales by having the widest assortment of lenses by other brands available for their system (and, in Sigma's case, the best assortment of HSM lenses while some of the other mounts had to make due with screw-driven stuff back in the day).

That is, of course, if the real reason for Samyang's dithering is some kind of legal action, and not something else altogether. Smile

Now that Samyang is an AF player, I doubt that their MF sales are quite comparable. It's also not about parts shortage because E-mount is not affected.
The AF is slso working quite well 

So if it not about technology, parts and sales ... what could possibly remain ( also given the fact that Sigma/Tamron/Tokina are keeping their distance from R/Z-mount)?
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next OL lens lab test - Samyang / Rokinon AF 14mm f/2.8 RF - by Klaus - 08-09-2021, 02:56 AM