Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next OL lens test report: Nikkor AF-S 85mm f/1.8 G (FX, D850)
Next re-review on the D850:

https://www.opticallimits.com/nikon_ff/1...rafs8518fx

Still a really nice lens, even on 45 MP.

Next stop: Z 50/1.8 and Z85 /1.8 (finally).
Editor
opticallimits.com

Thread modes indeed.
Oops Smile Copy & Paste error... note to self: don't post when about to rush out and have no time to proof-read Wink
Editor
opticallimits.com

Also the distortion chart says pincushion distortion but the text says barrel. (of course there's so little of either that the issue is hardly relevant beyond the wording).
Thanks! Already corrected... in the D3x-based review, too Wink
Editor
opticallimits.com

"The Nikkor AF-S 85mm f/1.8 G is an excellent lens that performs on a very high level in almost any regard." In almost every regard.
Thanks, BC. Another one that was already in the initial review and went unnoticed for almost 10 years Wink
Editor
opticallimits.com

Wait till we get to the original 8MP Canon EOS reviews. I think I've seen some things that need to be fixed there, too - for real.

Anyway the more significant (to these eyes) issue is... the new FX reviews are not on the Nikon FX reviews list? They're only accessible from the main page (for now... until something else displaces them, of course), or the forum threads like this one.
(08-30-2021, 07:47 AM)Rover Wrote: Wait till we get to the original 8MP Canon EOS reviews. I think I've seen some things that need to be fixed there, too - for real.

Oh, well... let's see if you can find the oldest review still online Wink

I went through all reviews just recently, I can tell you it takes a while Wink

(08-30-2021, 07:47 AM)Rover Wrote: Anyway the more significant (to these eyes) issue is... the new FX reviews are not on the Nikon FX reviews list? They're only accessible from the main page (for now... until something else displaces them, of course), or the forum threads like this one.

Yep, on my list already. I'll have to rearrange the Nikon sections anyway, with both the new FX review already online and the Z reviews coming up... I'll address this when the first Z review is published.
Editor
opticallimits.com

(08-29-2021, 03:34 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: Thread modes indeed.

Oh, well... days later I finally spot the actual error in the title Wink Corrected now.
Editor
opticallimits.com