Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report: Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD
Well done, Tamron!

http://www.opticallimits.com/nikon_ff/98...153028vcff

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Yeehaw! We finally got our next review to read devour!

One small typo up front (in the penultimate paragraph on page one): "operation is virtally silent". Smile

Thanks Rover, I'm actually proof-reading in parallel (yes, I know, I should have done that ahead of publishing) and corrected it already Smile

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Thanks for the review again. If I hadn't already been set in the wide angle department, I would've looked long and hard at this lens. But, well, we already knew it's bloody awesome. Smile

Nice to see a new review, thanks Marcus!

All in all, very good....

....if not a bit of a monster,  of course I had to dive in to look at the OOF bokeh balls of the reflections on the river (a Tamron habit on the 150-600),  no so bad actually,  a little hard edging and slight structure.

It's a damned good deal!

A lens this size better delivers what it's promising  Big Grin Have you seen it in the wild? At Nikon rumors forum some people feared for the bayonet when attaching the 14-24 - and the Tamron is 100gr heavier. Nothing for weak forumistas nerves.

Nice shootout between the two of them at DPReview

Markus, thanks for this review.

What else do you have coming in the pipeline?

Quote:A lens this size better delivers what it's promising  Big Grin Have you seen it in the wild? At Nikon rumors forum some peiple feared for the bayonet when attaching the 14-24 - and the Tamron is 100gr heavier. Nothing for weak forumistas nerves.

Nice shootout between the two of them at DPReview
I saw it a couple times, though only on Canon cameras.
Quote:What else do you have coming in the pipeline?
Sigma 24 Art, Sigma 24-35 Art, Nikon 300/4 VR

And I (finally) want to restart DX testing.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Sounds great!

There are some yummy DX Sigmas ...