Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wishlist for 2022
* Sigma/Tamron for R- & Z-mount. Especially Canon requires some serious competition regarding their inflated prices
* PD AF & a S5R from Panasonic
* Sony giving up their boxy camera shape (one could hope at least ...)
* Let Pentax survive another year
* A Sony FP with Foveon and anti-dust shaker
* Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 ART ... longed for by so many ... or maybe a 50-150mm f/2 instead
* will I finally get my 18mm f/4 pancake?
* let Tokina find their ultra-wide roots for mirrorless again
* a small 600mm f/9 from Sony (please no f/11 ...)
* Laowa lenses with AF ... 
* OM-D E-M1 IV with a modern sensor, astro-mode and a higher-res sensor ... without the price tag of a full format camera.
* chip shortage gone for good

And yes, this plus world peace, covid gone the way of the dodo, etc pp
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
All good point, I think. Can we do a review bucket list while we're at it? If only as a bunch of hints? Smile
Panasonic already announced PD AF.
(01-02-2022, 08:56 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: Panasonic already announced PD AF.

Was this a hard statement?

(01-02-2022, 02:44 PM)Rover Wrote: All good point, I think. Can we do a review bucket list while we're at it? If only as a bunch of hints? Smile

Feel free but the reviews are primarily driven by (rental-)availability.

Other than some lenses from the backlog, I'm planning to focus on RF during the 1st quarter of the year.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Hmm, no. It was a rumour I remembered incorrectly. Apparently, the GH6 will not have PD AF yet.

On the 18mm f4.... I thought you were a MFT guy? So... the Oly 17mm f2.8 pancake should do? ;-)
I would be interested in seeing the reviews of the E- and X-mount AF Tamron / Samyang / Viltrox lenses, for example.
Say, the (virtual) 3-way shootout between the Tamron 11-20/2.8, the Samyang 12/2 and the Viltrox 13/1.4.
Not that I'm really ready to jump ship to E-mount but...
Engadget review of Sony a7 Iv -> sure looks boxy to me so I guess that one won't happen:

https://www.engadget.com/sony-a7-iv-mirr...26066.html
--
Good old film days would reduce the pressure for chips in camera; esp if it is all manual...