Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the midst of falling interest of DSLRs and posts.........
Frankly even if I had mirrorless I would move to your combo. And I happen to own both 7Dmkii that is in the same category as your D500 and EOSRP
for birding it is surely 7Dmkii, it is by far superior
1) reach with 1.6 crop
2) viewfinder and batteries with a MILC when you have the camera on using the viewfinder for a long time, it will drain battery and the worst if often goes to sleep mode, none of this with a DSLR you keep your eye n the viewfinder all the time you want waiting for the bird to be in ideal position
3) faster to find/lock autofocus on the bird, while a mirrorless camera shows superiority in portraiture with eye autofocus since in portraiture you have all the time for locking focus on your subject then tracking , in birding it's different, before tracking you have to lock autofocus on the subject and here mirrorless cameras struggle and this tiny amount of time might mean losing your shot.
4) screen refresh rate, whatever you do a DSLR will always be faster here it is physics
5) general feeling and handling, probably because we have used DSLRs for a long time, but we feel better with them

Messages In This Thread
RE: In the midst of falling interest of DSLRs and posts......... - by toni-a - 01-20-2022, 06:26 AM