Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I get the upcoming R7 ??
I am a happy owner of 7D2 and EOSRP
my prefered camera would have been 7D2 but it lacks precision focusing like EOSRP 
EOS R7 would solve this, especially if it comes bundeled with a compact kit lens 
Should I sell 7D2 and get R7 ? or better keep an all weather sturdy DSLR ?
EOS RP would have been great if there were compact RF lenses... But maybe getting RF 16 and 35mm and using  primes as go around lenses would solve the issue ?
Well, the question is what the R7 will give us. Nobody knows the specs.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(02-08-2022, 08:10 AM)toni-a Wrote: I am a happy owner of 7D2 and EOSRP
my prefered camera would have been 7D2 but it lacks precision focusing like EOSRP 
EOS R7 would solve this, especially if it comes bundeled with a compact kit lens 
Should I sell 7D2 and get R7 ? or better keep an all weather sturdy DSLR ?
EOS RP would have been great if there were compact RF lenses... But maybe getting RF 16 and 35mm and using  primes as go around lenses would solve the issue ?

I get the feeling it will be a great camera actually ........ but better wait for it's arrival before climbing out of the nest !!
Yeah, and we have pretty little information just yet.

A fine time for CanonRumors to go belly up...
(02-08-2022, 12:55 PM)Rover Wrote: Yeah, and we have pretty little information just yet.

A fine time for CanonRumors to go belly up...
Not belly up.

Craig has handed the reins over to Richard and Tig, so it lives ....
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
Well, it was a blow regardless. Not sure how long before these guys earn their share of hate too. (I remember on FredMiranda.com there were people who were very anti-CR, and vocally so).
(02-09-2022, 11:11 AM)Rover Wrote: Well, it was a blow regardless. Not sure how long before these guys earn their share of hate too. (I remember on FredMiranda.com there were people who were very anti-CR, and vocally so).
Last time I looked at FM, it appeared rather dead, probably well over 2 years ago now.

Is it still viable?
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
I've lost my account 1.5 years ago for some reason and has only been visiting sporadically since. But I see at least the Canon forum is pretty lively, only they're mostly discussing RF mount things now (another reason I did not rejoin - I do not have anything relevant to say).
(02-10-2022, 11:47 AM)Rover Wrote: I've lost my account 1.5 years ago for some reason and has only been visiting sporadically since. But I see at least the Canon forum is pretty lively, only they're mostly discussing RF mount things now (another reason I did not rejoin - I do not have anything relevant to say).
Ah, thank you.

I did get myself an R as a replacement for my ageing 5D II, and a few lenses, so I guess I'll have another look one of these days Smile.

Kind regards, Wim
(02-10-2022, 11:47 AM)Rover Wrote: I've lost my account 1.5 years ago for some reason and has only been visiting sporadically since. But I see at least the Canon forum is pretty lively, only they're mostly discussing RF mount things now (another reason I did not rejoin - I do not have anything relevant to say).

You're a highly respected and relevant contributor here.
If that would be interesting to you,  today I am getting 35mmf2.0 prime, the old one, a tiny nice piece of equipment