Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need to delete some unnecessary photos.
Hello to Everyone. I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. This might not be the ideal location for this, in my opinion. But I'm hoping you can provide me with a better recommendation. I'm having issues with my iPhone. Because I need to delete some unnecessary photos to make room on my phone's memory due to a lack of storage. I kept trying to remove them (took help from here), but I couldn't. Can anyone suggest anything in this regard?
This is a photography gear forum where we discuss cameras and lenses. We don't discuss phone issues.
I'd recomment posting this to an iphone forum instead.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
(08-13-2022, 01:45 PM)thxbb12 Wrote: This is a photography gear forum where we discuss cameras and lenses. We don't discuss phone issues.
An iPhone is a camera too, dear.

I see nothing wrong with a question like that, especially in the "Just Talk'-forum.

Unfortunately I do not own an iPhone, otherwise I would have jumped in already with a potential answer.
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
(08-15-2022, 11:26 AM)wim Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 01:45 PM)thxbb12 Wrote: This is a photography gear forum where we discuss cameras and lenses. We don't discuss phone issues.
An iPhone is a camera too, dear.

I see nothing wrong with a question like that, especially in the "Just Talk'-forum.

Unfortunately I do not own an iPhone, otherwise I would have jumped in already with a potential answer.

It's a smart phone with a camera in it (and no provision for any lens changing !!) 
  Opening this forum to smartphone issues would be the thin end of the wedge, in no time at all we could end up with a ratio of 10 phone posts to 1 lens comment ...... 

God forbid if here turned into an iphone clinic ...... 

unless Klaus is looking for a late career change ......  Smile
This post has everything to do with IOS and very little to do with actual photography or photog gear.
I'm merely pointing out that this forum is far from being the best place to get an answer about this type of issue, hence my suggestion.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Well, I can remember people asking similar questions about deleting images, managed by their different versions of PP-software, so I honestly do not see what is wrong with this. In addition, Klaus does not have to answer all questions here in the forums, let alone in 'Just Talk', we can all contribute.

I honestly do not understand the hostile attitude towards such a question. If you do not have anything positive to say, than just don't say it.
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
A apologize if my post was perceived as hostile, that was not my intention.
All I was trying to say was that this particular site is probably not the best suited for this type of issues and a site dedicated to iphone users would probably be a much better fit.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
(08-17-2022, 08:52 PM)thxbb12 Wrote: A apologize if my post was perceived as hostile, that was not my intention.
All I was trying to say was that this particular site is probably not the best suited for this type of issues and a site dedicated to iphone users would probably be a much better fit.

Ah, ok, thank you for the explanation. I was tired, so, from my side, I may have misinterpreted your message. I did find it a bit strange, coming from you, I do understand now. Anyway, still am tired, but that is all due to non-photography related stuff .... Wink

Kind regards, Wim